August Summer Shorts
The Laguna Beach Film Society is pleased to present their August 18, 2011 screening at South Coast Cinema, Laguna Beach.
Summer is here and as the days are long – the films are short. Join us in viewing the newest shorts from near and far. Many Laguna Beach locals are intertwined within these films – many special guests/filmmakers will be on hand for this August event.
- Abre Tus By Samantha Wilson : A light hearted animated film about a family of birds in the jungles of Mexico. The main character, Chico, suffers from a fear of heights and with the help of his family he struggles to overcome his fear and leave the rest.
- Scofflans – By Galen Thorne : A bank robber takes chances while trying to make a better life for his wife and their future. Galen is a long time Laguna Beach resident who just graduated from San Diego State.
- Board Room = By Maggie Frank : Two 79 year old retired executives hold weekly board meetings at Doheny Beach with one goal on the horizon: keep surfing until the kids take the car keys away. With these gentlemen, board meetings are anything but boring. (Cast: John Benson, Ross McAdam, Kim Wright and long time Laguna Beach local, Fletcher.
- Incest The Musical – By Grant Reed & Kai de Mello Folson Alex is class president. Katie is valedictorian. They’re perfect for each other. They’re also twin brother and sister. This year’s prom is going to be interesting.
- Wash Me – By Winston Tao : A Police Officer shows the complex issues of his career and his struggles with the complexities of his path. Sensitive and demanding, he works on the balance of it ll.
- R Star Foundation Project in Nepal – Executive Producer: Rosalind Russell By Rob McClendon : Watch the inspired, miraculous odyssey unfold as Laguna local Rosalind Russell, journeys to Nepal, one of the world’s poorest countries on earth. She takes with her, her shared understanding, democracy, and – GOATS to this warring country, forever changing the lives of the women, their children and the village. one goat at a time.
Curation for Laguna Beach Film Society is provided by Keiko Beatie of Cinema Pardisio email@example.com.
This event is free to all members of the Laguna Beach Film Society. Tickets are $20 each for the reception and may be purchased by non-members at the Wells Fargo Bank Community room – beginning at 6:00 PM.
Registration, wine and hors h’oeuvres 6:00 to 7:00 PM.
Film Screening 7:00 PM.
Tickets for only the screening may be purchased for $15 each at South Coast Cinema. Students with ID $10.
PLEASE NOTE: Tickets may be purchased of event only – as offered above – no other sales authorized.
Please let us know if you plan to attend this event by emailing JoAnne Story at firstname.lastname@example.org
If your plans change, we’d appreciate you letting us know.
The Laguna Beach Film Society is sponsored by Laguna Art Museum.
Supporting sponsors are the Festival of the Arts, the Laguna Beach Chamber of Commerce and the Laguna Beach Exchange Club.
Additional support provided by Katharine Story Boutique and Wells Fargo Bank.
For more information, please call 949-494-8971, Ext. 201 www.lagunaartmuseum.org
You may also email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the Film Society!